In its 54-year history Ascension Lutheran School has been dedicated to nurturing each student, providing academic excellence, and creating bold, compassionate leaders who inspire and serve others in their walk with Jesus Christ. Our top-ranked Early Childhood Center and our WASC accredited TK-8 school compete favorably with local private and public Conejo Valley schools. We offer indoor and outdoor Nature Explore Certified classroom environments and a House System where each child is nurtured and encouraged to use their academic and individual talents to make the community and world a better place.
Ascension Lutheran School is currently seeking a Principal who is passionate about 21st century Christian education and the role that it plays in the lives of young people and their families. The school aspires to increase its enrollment and will look to this leader to work collaboratively with the school board, church and staff to create and execute a vision for growth.
The Principal, as the face of the school must have exceptional communication and public speaking skills. This leader will be invested in building relationships with students, parents, teachers, and the congregation – celebrating in their successes on a daily basis. Duties include:
Assessment, Supervision and Management
• Supervise and facilitate the daily safe and effective operations of the school
• Be the instructional leader meeting 21st century learning objectives as well as state and national standards
• Supervise the work of the Preschool/Infant Center Director as well as non-instructional staff
• Implement and maintain WASC Accreditation Plan
• Administer and manage budget
• Implement effective program of staff and teacher hiring and development
• Maintain fair and consistent code of conduct and attendance systems
• Support staff in identifying and addressing individual student academic needs, including health, physical, spiritual and emotional needs
• Ensure utilization of resources to provide a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment
The salary range is $80,000-95,000. Interested candidates can email a cover letter and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.