St. Andrew Lutheran Church, an active, service oriented ELCA congregation in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, invites individuals who are passionate about sharing God’s good news with others, particularly children, youth, and their families, to apply for the position of Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministry.
About the Job
The Director will provide leadership, organization, training, support, and evaluation for the children, youth, and family ministry vision in cooperation with St. Andrew staff and lay leaders. The goal of children, youth, and family ministry at St. Andrew is to create a safe environment where children, youth, and families experience the love of God, deepen their faith in Christ, and identify their Spirit-given gifts and calling in order to empower them to share the good news of God’s inclusive grace in word and deed at church and in their daily lives.
We strive to do this through:
- Creating a variety of intergenerational connections for forming faith.
- Training and equipping leaders, children, youth, and families for ministry.
- Engaging households and individuals in faith practices.
- Serving and sharing faith with the community, including St. Andrew Christian Preschool.
- Working to build a just and equitable community.
- Community building and relationship development.
This is a full-time position with paid leave and holidays, including a benefit package. Compensation, based on qualifications, is between $38,000 and $45,000.
- Experience in leadership or supporting role in youth ministry. Successful completion of the ELCA’s Youth and Family Ministry Accreditation or equivalent is highly desired.
- Willingness and ability to articulate and share their faith and a passion for sharing God’s good news with others, particularly children, youth, and their families.
- Collaborative and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, communication, team building, and program development skills.
- The ability to work with people of all ages, including equipping and providing training to them.
- A commitment to the vision, mission, and goals of St. Andrew.
- The right candidate will be a visionary leader who can work alongside our highly collaborative staff and lay teams.
How to Apply
Email the following items to Amy McCann at email@example.com:
- a cover letter that includes a paragraph or two describing your vision for Children, Youth, and Family Ministry
- a resume
- three references
The position is available immediately and interviews will be conducted beginning September 24, 2020. The selected candidate will be required to pass a background check prior to hiring.