First Lutheran Church & School in Torrance has begun the search for a new Director for their Early Education Center. Caring for infants through age 5, this full day center serves up to 84 children a day.
This is a great opportunity to work in an environment where the church, school and center work together as a team in a diverse community.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or Early Education. OR Bachelor Degree in other subject plus completed a minimum of 24 semester units in early education, including at least 3 semester units in Supervision and 3 units in Administration. A class in Infant/Toddler care is helpful.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of teaching early childhood, as well as experience in school and center administration.
- Other: Commitment to working in a faith-centered community and sharing faith with both staff and families.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe, clean, and developmentally appropriate Christian-based learning environment, and in assuring the well-being and safety of the children in our care. Have an open outlook, a vision to plan for the future, and be innovative in the planning process.
- Work in harmony with the administration, School Board, and staff under the direction and supervision of the School Principal/Director of Education. Demonstrate Christian values and attitudes when working with students, parents, fellow staff and volunteers. Follow corporate procedures and policies regarding employment as provided in the employee handbook.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR Director Lisa Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org