Lutheran Retreats, Camps & Conferences is seeking a community-oriented individual who is passionate about the environment to join our team as a Naturalist and Outdoor School Instructor.
Stationed at camp El Camino Pines, located in the Los Padres National Forest in Southern California, the Naturalist/Instructor will lead weeklong Environmental Education programs with other members of the year-round team. This is an onsite position with room and board included. In addition to teaching, the job includes: retreat hosting, dishwashing, light maintenance, winter retreat programming and other camp responsibilities.
El Camino Pines is one of two sites under the umbrella of Lutheran Retreats, Camps & Conferences. In addition to a year-round Outdoor School, we host retreats groups most weekends and run a summer camp program June-August.
Training is provided. Flexibility is a must. Fun is a given.
– Strong commitment to the care and appreciation of God’s creation and communicate and practice that with students and staff.
– A desire to teach students of all ages uses the outdoor education curriculum.
– At least one year of post-high school experience – college or work. Undergraduate degree, camp experience and leadership experience are preferred.
– Must be flexible and willing to help in all areas of camp life.
– Must be able to communicate with and work with others.
– Must have interest in living in a Christian community and a willingness to live in community with others.
– Understanding of the philosophy and mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the programs and sites of LRCC.
For more information and to apply contact:
Camp Director, El Camino Pines
Lutheran Retreats, Camps and Conferences