Position Title: Children’s Ministry Director
Reports To: Children, Youth, and Family Pastor
This is a part-time, 30 hour per week position, working primarily with children from birth to 6th grade. This position is responsible for collaborating with the Children, Youth, and Family (CYF) Pastor in “growing faith that lasts”. The position requires an active faith life, experience working with children, and excellent critical thinking, organizational, and people skills.
- Build relationships with Ascension Early Childhood Center (ECC) and TK-6th grade families and students; collaborate with CYF Pastor in building programming for them. Attend ECC and TK-6 events.
- Coordinate and manage Sunday School on Sunday mornings. Communicate with Sunday School teachers; provide curriculum and supplies. Build relationships with Sunday School families.
- Recruit and nurture volunteers.
- Participate in and support milestones.
- Organize a children’s Christmas program.
- Plan and organize a week of Vacation Bible School each summer.
- Lead faith-based after-school events for grades 3-6 (monthly or bi-monthly).
- Supervise nursery attendants.
- Assist the CYF team and youth minister as needed, including in assisting with youth who are older than grade 6.
- Familiarity with Lutheran theology, or willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and open-mindedness.
- Ability to receive and adapt to feedback; teachable.
- Strong administrative, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to operate personal computer and software programs.
- Shows initiative as well as follow-through.
- Ability to work independently; team player who will work toward our common goal.
- Active, demonstrated faith.
- Some college preferred.
The Children’s Ministry Director will often work in a typical office environment, utilizing a personal computer and normal office equipment to perform the necessary job duties. A significant portion of this person’s time will be spent leading Children’s Ministry events.
Ascension’s Philosophy of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
The CYF Pastor’s vision for ministry is fundamentally collaborative and team-based, and the right candidate for this position will have that orientation as well. The vision has a few key principles, including: equipping families to do faith together, worship, practicing faith, making the church a safe place, and developing significant intergenerational relationships. More information about the vision will be provided upon request.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.