Angelica Lutheran History | Historia de Angélica Luterana | 当归路德会的历史

In February 12, 1888, Pastor Johannes Telleen of the Augustana Lutheran Synod met with 29 other Swedish immigrants to found Angelica Lutheran Church. That first outpost of Swedish Lutheranism in Southern California was erected on 10th and Grand Street, and the second location was close by, on Hope and 17th.

The current church on Burlington Avenue was built in 1925 in the style of the English-influenced Gothic revival, with stained glass windows from a Los Angeles art studio and the "Last Supper" in the chancel area carved in Germany. Located within the original 1781 Pueblo de Los Angeles borders, the area was known as the Westlake District, a suburb popular with European immigrants with streetcar access to downtown.

At the same time, Mexican-American immigrants were settling in a growing Los Angeles and what had been a suburb became an urban center. Now known as Pico Union, the area is a culturally rich merging of Central and South American, European, Cuban, and Asian populations.  In 1962 the Augustana Lutheran Synod merged with the Lutheran Church in America, which in its turn merged with other Lutheran bodies to become the ELCA in 1988.

In the 1980s, Angelica became central to the LA Sanctuary Movement, offering citizenship and English classes as well as housing, and in the aftermath of the 1992 civil unrest in Los Angeles, Angelica joined with five other LA-area ELCA Lutheran congregations (which expanded to seven) to form New City Parish - a non-profit urban coalition working towards community transformation through holistic ministries and social outreach.

Today Angelica offers cultural enrichment, early childhood support, emergency food and health services as well as the Word, which has been preached here in Swedish, Spanish, Korean, the indigenous languages of Central and South America, and English.

El 12 de febrero de 1888, el pastor Johannes Telleen del Sínodo Luterano de Augustana, se reunió con otros 29 inmigrantes suecos para fundar la Iglesia Luterana Angélica. Ese primer puesto de avanzada del luteranismo sueco en el sur de California, se erigió entre las calles 10th y laGrand Street, y la segunda ubicación estaba cerca, entre las calles Hope y 17th.

La iglesia actual en Burlington Avenue fue construida en 1925 en el estilo del renacimiento gótico de influencia inglesa, con vidrieras de un estudio de arte de Los Ángeles, y la "Última Cena" en el área del presbiterio, tallada en Alemania. Ubicado dentro de las fronteras originales de Pueblo de Los Ángeles de 1781, el área se conocía como el Distrito de Westlake, un suburbio popular entre los inmigrantes europeos con acceso en tranvía al centro de la ciudad.

Al mismo tiempo, los inmigrantes mexicoamericanos se estaban asentando y creciendo en Los Ángeles, y lo que había sido un suburbio, se convirtió en un centro urbano. Ahora conocida como Pico Union. El área es una fusión culturalmente rica de poblaciones de América Central y del Sur, Europa, Cuba y Asia. En 1962, el Sínodo Luterano de Augustana, se fusionó con la Iglesia Luterana en América, que a su vez se fusionó con otros organismos luteranos para convertirse en la ELCA en 1988.

En la década de 1980, Angélica se convirtió en el centro del Movimiento Santuario de Los Ángeles, ofreciendo clases de ciudadanía e inglés, así como vivienda, y después de los disturbios civiles de 1992 en Los Ángeles, Angélica se unió a otras siete congregaciones luteranas de la ELCA del área de Los Ángeles para formar Nueva City Parish: una coalición urbana sin fines de lucro que trabaja hacia la transformación de la comunidad, a través de diferentes ministerios, y alcance social. Hoy Angélica ofrece enriquecimiento cultural, apoyo a la primera infancia, alimentos de emergencia y servicios de salud, así como la Palabra, que se ha predicado aquí en sueco, español, coreano, lenguas indígenas de Centro, y Sudamérica e inglés.

在1888 年 2 月 12 日,奧古斯塔納信義會(Augustana Lutheran Synod譯註:為早期信義會眾多宗會之一,奧古斯塔納Augustana為信義宗教條《奧斯堡信條》的拉丁文名稱,許多信義會機構使用這個字為名)的宗會牧師約翰內斯‧特林(Johannes Telleen)會見了其他 29 名瑞典裔移民,成立了天使(Angelica)信義教會。在南加州的第一個瑞典信義會先驅,建堂在 第10街和格蘭德街口(10th and Grand St),第二次建堂位置也在附近,在希望街和第17街口(Hope and 17th)。

目前位於伯靈頓大街(Burlington Ave)的堂區建於 1925 年,採用受英國影響的哥德式復興風格,有來自洛杉磯一家藝術工作室的彩色玻璃窗,和設立在聖壇區域的「最後的晚餐」則是來自德國的雕刻。該地區位於最初1781年的洛杉磯鎮(西班牙語天使之鎮)邊界內,這個區域以被稱之西湖區聞名,這是一個深受歐洲移民歡迎的郊區,有軌車可通往市中心。

與此同時,墨西哥裔美國移民在不斷發展的洛杉磯定居,曾經的郊區變成了城市中心。現在被稱為 Pico Union,該地區是中南美洲、歐洲、古巴和亞洲移民豐富文化的交融之地。 1962 年,奧古斯塔納信義會與美國信義會(LCA)合併,後者又於 1988 年與其他信義宗會合併,成為現今的美國福音信義會ELCA。

在 1980 年代,Angelica 成為洛杉磯聖所庇護運動(LA Sanctuary Movement,猶太-基督教等團體根據聖經將堂會場所用以庇護難民)的核心,提供公民課程、英語課程,以及住宿,在 1992 年洛杉磯內亂之後,Angelica 與其他七個洛杉磯地區的 ELCA 信義教會會眾一起組成了新城市教會區(New City Parish);這是一個非營利性城市聯盟,致力於通過整體事工合作和外展社交,以實現社區轉型。

今天,Angelica提供豐富的文化、兒童早期支持、緊急食品供應和健康服務,以及在這裡以瑞典語、西班牙語、韓語、中南美洲原住民族語言和英語來宣講上帝的聖言。

Post a comment

Book your tickets