This full-time position will be responsible for Synod and Office Operations in our Glendale office. In-person work preferred, although occasional remote work is possible.
- Reports directly to the bishop, working under constitutional responsibility of bishop and office of the bishop for financial oversight of synodical operations, including property management and day-to-day operations of twelve member staff.
- Will have solid understanding of synod and ELCA constitutions and model constitutions for congregations
- Sits on Budget and Finance, Endowment, Audit and Investment Committees with voice but no vote.
- Direct supervisor of Accountant and Office administrators.
- Works closely with grant writers and other income sources for the good of current and future ministries of the synod
- Works with the Human Resources consultants and other employment consultants for onboarding, dismissals and staff conflict. Will not have final approval of hiring or terminations, but will advise bishop.
- Creates a healthy work culture in the synod office, supports the same in our Synodically Authorized Worshipping Communities and serves as a resource for congregations needing administrative consultation.
- Other duties assigned by Bishop and/or Executive Committee
Five years experience in administration, operations or finance required. Bachelor’s degree or higher required. Understanding of the Lutheran church polity preferable, but not required. Salary range $85,000-$95,000 with full medical and pension benefits. Exempt employee status.