Some of these files are PDFs and will not open on Microsoft Office. If you do not have a PDF reader, you can download this one.
2019 Compensation Workbook (includes Salary Guidelines and Supply Pastor Reimbursement)
Congregational Audit Guidelines
Audit Committee Charter
Synod Grant Applications
The application window for 2019 grants is now open! Check out the links below, including the sample essay and financial plan.
The deadline to receive grant applications in the synod office is February 15, 2019.
- 2019 Call for Grant Applications
- The Mission & Ministry Grant is for anything related to ministry and mission outreach, except for salary. Typically, grants are between $500 and $5,000.
- The Charles and Mable Warner Grant to be used for the construction of Sunday School facilities and to further youth Christian education. Grants range between $1,000 and $5,000, pending availability of funds.
- Sample essay and detailed financial execution plan.
Questions? Contact Andreas Hirsch, Synod Director for Finance and Administration, (818) 507-9591 or AHirsch@SoCalSynod.org.
Pastoral Call Process Handbooks
Mutual Ministry Committee Booklet (large file, may take a while to download)
- Synod Constitution
- Revised Synod Constitution (November 2018) – to be ratified at the 2019 SWCA Synod Assembly
- Synod Policies
- Synod Resolutions
2018 Employment Laws
The California legislature has been busy making changes for 2018. Starting January 1, 2018, California employers are prohibited from making any pre-employment salary inquiries, are required to post new workplace posters, and may be required (depending on total number of employees) to provide eligible employees with additional unpaid job-protected leave to bond with a new child, among other things. Read more here.
Resources for Commemorating the 400th Anniversary of the Arrival of the First Enslaved Africans to North America
Gather, Grow & Go Information