Some of these files are PDFs and will not open on Microsoft Office. If you do not have a PDF reader, you can download this one.
2020 Compensation Workbook (includes Salary Guidelines and Supply Pastor Reimbursement)
- Certification of Financial Compliance
- Congregational Treasurers' and Bookkeepers' Financial and Accounting Guide
- Internal Control Best Practices
Synod Grant Applications
2020 Synod Grant applications are due February 21, 2020. See the resources below for more information!
- 2020 Call for Grant Applications
- The Mission & Ministry Grant is for anything related to ministry and mission outreach, except for salary. Typically, grants are between $500 and $5,000.
- The Charles and Mable Warner Grant to be used for the construction of Sunday School facilities and to further youth Christian education. Grants range between $1,000 and $5,000, pending availability of funds.
- Sample essay and detailed financial execution plan.
Pastoral Call Process Handbooks
Mutual Ministry Committee Booklet (large file, may take a while to download)
- Synod Constitution
- Revised Synod Constitution (November 2018) - ratified at the 2019 SWCA Synod Assembly
- Synod Policies
- Synod Resolutions
Starting January 1, 2018, California employers are prohibited from making any pre-employment salary inquiries, are required to post new workplace posters, and may be required (depending on total number of employees) to provide eligible employees with additional unpaid job-protected leave to bond with a new child, among other things. Read more here.