Some of these files are PDFs and will not open on Microsoft Office. If you do not have a PDF reader, you can download this one.
2018 Compensation Workbook (includes Salary Guidelines and Supply Pastor Reimbursement)
Synod Grant Applications
Does your congregation or organization support your community? Are funds lacking to make these projects happen? There are two synod grants available helping to fund your projects! See below for downloadable applications and instructions for grants to be awarded at the 2018 Synod Assembly. The deadline to receive grant applications in the synod office is January 19, 2018.
- 2018 Grant Application Memo
- The Mission & Ministry Grant is for anything related to ministry and mission outreach, except for salary. Typically, grants are between $500 and $5,000.
- The Charles and Mable Warner Grant to be used for the construction of Sunday School facilities and to further youth Christian education. Grants range between $1,000 and $5,000, pending availability of funds.
- Sample essay and detailed financial execution plan.
Questions? Contact Andreas Hirsch, Synod Director for Finance and Administration, (818) 507-9591 or AHirsch@SoCalSynod.org.
Pastoral Call Process Handbooks
Mutual Ministry Committee Booklet (large file, may take a while to download)
- Synod Directory (updated January, 2018)
2018 Employment Laws
The California legislature has been busy making changes for 2018. Starting January 1, 2018, California employers are prohibited from making any pre-employment salary inquiries, are required to post new workplace posters, and may be required (depending on total number of employees) to provide eligible employees with additional unpaid job-protected leave to bond with a new child, among other things. Read more here.
Gather, Grow & Go Information